From: Mr News
Subject: LISP introduction wanted
From: ······@jessica.stanford.edu (David Whelan)

I just started taking an artificial intelligence course which requires the
use of Macintosh Allegro Common LISP for a final project.  I've only had
minimal experience with LISP, so I know very little of the language.  It is not
going to be taught in the course, so I'd appreciate a few recommendations of a
good introductory text which covers basic LISP programming.  I have a lot of
programming experience, so the book need not be too easy in terms of general
programming ideas.

If anyone knows of a good LISP book, please send me e-mail with the
information.  Price would also be a nice thing to know, since I'd rather not
spend mega-bucks.

Thanks in advance,
David J. Whelan
Junior, Symbolic Systems