From: Mike R. Cheselka
Subject: totally new to lisp question
I have never used or read about LISP, but a free xerox 1109 happened my way.
I've tried doing simple things, like ls or dir, and succeeded: (dir). However,
Ican't figure out one thing: Some commands execute right away, like
(RINGBELLS 1), but others won't (PLAYTUNE 770.90) (is that right?). I have
noticed that those that execute right away return NIL and those that don't
return T. I believe it is running Koto Interlisp D 2.0. What should I do to
run things in interpert mode( is that the right word)? Also, is there a
nice pd vt*** out there to connect it to a modem so I can have a hugh XxY
terminal, maybe 140x60 ? Is there a Kanji font available free?
Thanks, I'm real interested it that last stuff.