From: Wei Jen Yeh
Subject: RE: compiling lambda-closures
Thanks for the people replying my question.

Most of them mentioned that lambda-closures are not required to be compilable
under the (not yet official) 2nd language edition.  Tim gave some concrete
reasoning why it is so.  And contrary to what I thought, the #'lambda
definition WAS compiled when monitor_1fun got compiled.  My original
thought is that it's not compiled because it's like an constant expression
and the behavior of the outer function does not include that of the inner
lambda expression.  But I'm certainly glad I was wrong.  BTW, where did you
guys get that info? is it covered in Steele's book?

Thanks again.

Wei Jen Yeh                      ···@cs.purdue.edu
                                 Department of Computer Science
                                 Purdue University