From: Mark Ahlenius
Subject: question on efficient copying of complex arrays and structures
I have a question on how to copy a slightly complex item in CL.
I have an array of structures, and each structure in turn contains
another array.

I have two independent instances of the above complex structure
(well its not really that complex) - lets call them old and new.

Now I wish to copy all the *data* contained in the new unit
into the old unit.  But I don't want the two structures to
be pointing to the same memory locations.

Is there an efficient way in CL to accomplish this?  I have
implemented a method to walk through the structures and copy
them - but this is rather slow.

I would appreciated any hints on this.

email responses preferred.

thanks

	'mark

--
Mark Ahlenius 		  voice:(708)-632-5346  email: uunet!motcid!ahleniusm