From: Gregor Kiczales
Subject: CALL FOR DISCUSSION: comp.object.clos
We propose forming a new usenet newsgroup called comp.object.clos.  This
would be an unmoderated forum for discussion of the Common Lisp Object
System (CLOS) object-oriented programming language.  Topics appropriate
for disucssion would include: programming techniques, implementation
techniques, comments about existing implementations, extensions to the
language, relation to other object-oriented programming languages,
educational materials etc.

For those of you who may be unfamiliar with CLOS, it is part of the
emerging ANSI standard for Common Lisp.  At present, there at least 10 CLOS
implementations in the market or under development.

The formation of this newsgroup is part of a two step process of
reorganizing the existing ···········@Xerox.com mailing list.  Currently,
this mailing list is the largest CLOS users mailing list, we estimate that
over eight hundred people receive it as email.  In the first step, this
mailing list will be moved and renamed to ····@MCC.COM.  The second step,
pending approval of the usenet community, is to create the new newsgroup
and gateway it with this mailing list.

This new gatewayed format will allow many of the people who currently have
technical trouble reading the mailing list to get access to it.  In
addition, we beileve that the nature of the discussion is such that many
people would prefer to receive it as a newsgroup.  We estimate that several
hundred of the people who currently receive the mailing list as email will
immediately switch to reading it as a usenet newsgroup.

Gregor Kiczales
Yasuhiko Kiuchi
Xerox PARC
From: Edward Vielmetti
Subject: Re: CALL FOR DISCUSSION: comp.object.clos
comp.object.clos, hey sounds great to me.

is there a CLOS implementation for akcl that's free or free-ish?

--Ed