From: ·····@vaxh.nki.nl
Subject: SCHEME AVAILABLE FOR PC OR VAX ?
I do not have any practical experience with functional programming languages,
but I gradually have become more interested in them. From some pretty general
books on programming languages and constructs as well as from bits and pieces
in this news group I have the impression that SCHEME is the language that
I would like to experiment with. However, though SCHEME is regularly mentioned
I have not come across an implementation yet.
Can anyone help me out :
	- Does anyone know whether SCHEME is available for personal computers
	  running MS-DOS ?
	- If not, is SCHEME available for VAX-VMS ?

Thanks in advance,

Huub Stoffers
From: Florian Reichl
Subject: Re: SCHEME AVAILABLE FOR PC OR VAX ?
The state of the art Scheme on MS-DOS based computers is
	Texas Instruments PC Scheme
According to AI Expert Magazine "The package is very professional;
the documentation is excellent." ... "The debugger and inspector are
impressive".  Though I am not a professional I like using it, too.

The only alternative on MS-DOS based computers I know is
	X-Scheme by David Betz
It's very much like X-Lisp. But I don't know, if it is further
supportet by  David Betz or if it died sometime ago.

If anybody knows about any other Scheme implementation on
80x86 PCs, please let me (or us) know!

	With best greetings from Munich, Bavaria	-- Florian