From: David Michael Shackelford
Subject: Re: Is there a cheap, decent PCLisp Out There?
In article <····@milton.u.washington.edu>, ·······@milton.u.washington.edu (Eric Fowler) writes:
> The subject line says it all-I need a (preferably)CommonLisp that will run
> on a PC. This is mostly for self-teaching of LISP at home, and need not be
> exotic. It does need to be MUCH cheaper than the $1995.00 gouge that Gold Hill
> is getting for their LISP. I realize this has probably come up before, but...

How about XLISP?  I think it's available on SIMTEL (maybe in its own directory)
It's not necessarily 100% CommonLisp, but you can't beat the price anywhere!

It should do the job, our programming languages class uses
an XLISP dialect for the LISP section of the course.

Dave.   | ·····@cs.arizona.edu
From: Tom Almy
In article <···@caslon.cs.arizona.edu> ·····@cs.arizona.edu (David Michael Shackelford) writes:
>In article <····@milton.u.washington.edu>, ·······@milton.u.washington.edu (Eric Fowler) writes:
>> The subject line says it all-I need a (preferably)CommonLisp that will run
>> on a PC. This is mostly for self-teaching of LISP at home, and need not be
>> exotic.

>How about XLISP?  I think it's available on SIMTEL (maybe in its own directory)
>It's not necessarily 100% CommonLisp, but you can't beat the price anywhere!
>
>It should do the job, our programming languages class uses
>an XLISP dialect for the LISP section of the course.

I have an extensively modified XLISP 2.1 which has been molded more into
CL and fixes numerous bugs in the standard XLISP distribution. The extension
over the standard XLISP are obtained via compilation options.

Send a self-addressed, stamped mailer with a formatted high density floppy
to:

Tom Almy
17830 SW Shasta Trail
Tualatin, OR 97062

Atatch a note saying:
1. You want XLISP sources.
2. Any binaries you need (generic w/wo 80x87 and 80386 protected mode w. 80387
	available).
3. Documentation as PostScript file, ASCII text file, or WordPerfect 5.1 file.

Tom Almy
····@tekgvs.labs.tek.com
Standard Disclaimers Apply