From: Srinivas Palthepu
Subject: Public domain Lisp for PCs..
I would apreciate if some body responds to the following questions.
Any pointers to relevent sources will be good.

1. Is there any public domain Common LISP available on IBP PC compataibles?

2. Has anybody tried to port other public domain Common LISPs like
   kcl, xlisp etc onto IBM PCs. Is it a worthwhile attempt?

3. What is the difference between KCL and AKCL.
  Sometime back I aquired a copy of KCL and made it running on my
  VAX machine. Is AKCL an advanced version?

reply by E-mail:   ········@ncst.ernet.in

   Address: P Srinivas,
	    National Centre for Software Technology,
	    Gulmohar Cross Rd No. 9,
	    Juhu, Bombay 400 049
   Phone  : +91(22) 620 1606
   Telex  : 011-78260 NCST IN
   E-mail : ········@ncst.ernet.in
            ········@ncst.uucp
From: Werner Icking
Subject: Re: Public domain Lisp for PCs..
A reply by e-mail bounced - so here the reply for all who already know, too:

········@ncst.ernet.in (Srinivas Palthepu) writes:

>I would apreciate if some body responds to the following questions.
>Any pointers to relevent sources will be good.

>1. Is there any public domain Common LISP available on IBP PC compataibles?

try PCLISP30.ZIP on SIMTEL  <MSDOS.LISP>-directory. I tried it. It works. But
because I'm not a real LISPer I do not know how useable it is. The ZIP-file
(may be it's an ARC-file?) contains some examples to have a first impression.

Werner
---
Werner Icking          ······@gmdzi.gmd.de          (+49 2241) 14-2443
Gesellschaft fuer Mathematik und Datenverarbeitung mbH (GMD)
Schloss Birlinghoven, P.O.Box 1240, D-5205 Sankt Augustin 1, FRGermany