From: Begley Michael L
Subject: LMI lisp machine
Hi.  I'm looking for any information regarding the LMI Lambda Lisp Machine.
Are there any people out there still using these machines?  Are there any
user groups? Trade magazines?  I recently bought one and I'm looking for
help...

thanks,
-mike begley
····@iastate.edu
From: Jim O'Dell
Subject: Re: LMI lisp machine
In article <······················@news.iastate.edu> ····@iastate.edu (Begley Michael L) writes:
>Hi.  I'm looking for any information regarding the LMI Lambda Lisp Machine.
>Are there any people out there still using these machines?  Are there any
>user groups? Trade magazines?  I recently bought one and I'm looking for
>help...
>
>thanks,
>-mike begley
>····@iastate.edu
================
LMI went bankrupt, was bought and resurrected for about a year as
GigaMos systems and was finally placed into receivership because
of a disagreement between the founder, Mr Gut Montpetit, and the
funder Mr. Takayuki Tsuru.

I believe that a service organization, Regis Service Co., may still
service the machines. They are located in Lowell, MA.

The assets of LMI/GigaMos are being held by Coopers&Lybrand in Boston, MA.

Included in the assets are the complete rights to LMI's enhancements
to the MIT Lisp machine system, a patent on a networking scheme due
to Richard Greenblatt (Moby Adressing) and rights to a RISC, tagged
architecture machine that was under development.

For more information contact:
Jim O'Dell
Fort Pond Research
···@fpr.com