From: A McBrien
Subject: Where to find Common LISP Condition System code?
I'm looking for an implementation of the Common LISP Condition System which can
be used in conjunction those Common LISPs (none in particular) which pre-date
the ANSI spec. or otherwise don't include it. Can anyone point me to one?

Perhaps I'm asking for too much. Perhaps the error handling, debugging, etc.
facilities of a pre-ANSI LISP are too hard-coded to permit such an add-on to be
integated, and/or too primitive to provide sufficient support- any views?

Andy McBrien                           | email :  ·····@clan.nott.ac.uk
Dept. of Chemical Engineering          | tel   :  (0602) 484848 x2956
Nottingham University                  | fax   :  (0602) 588138
Nottingham, NG7 2RD                    |
From: Claus Riemann
In article <····················@cs.nott.ac.uk>, ·····@clan.nott.ac.uk (A McBrien) writes:
> I'm looking for an implementation of the Common LISP Condition System which can
> be used in conjunction those Common LISPs (none in particular) which pre-date
> the ANSI spec. or otherwise don't include it. Can anyone point me to one?
>
> Perhaps I'm asking for too much. Perhaps the error handling, debugging, etc.
> facilities of a pre-ANSI LISP are too hard-coded to permit such an add-on to be
> integated, and/or too primitive to provide sufficient support- any views?
>
> ... &deleted

Take a look at arisia.xerox.com [13.1.100.206]. In the directory
cl/conditions you find what you're looking for.

Are there any experiences in using the new error/condition handling?
I would love to hear about them. (Code or paper)

Thanx in advance
   --cla

German National Research Center for Computer Science (GMD)
Claus Riemann (F3.MMK)           Phone: (+49 2241) 14-2865
Schloss Birlinghoven             Email: ·······@gmdzi.uucp
Postfach 1240                       ······@dbngmd21.bitnet
FRG-5205 Sankt Augustin 1         Don't dream it - Be it!