From: Bryan M. Kramer
Subject: pd editor written in lisp wanted
Is there a public domain window-based (& preferrably mouse-based)
editor available for lisp. Something that's based on
common windows is best. Also desirable is emacs compatibility,
the ability to edit several different lisp expressions in different
windows (i.e. it should be a re-entrant lisp function), and
user controllable pretty printing. Scrolling is essential. The
ultimate would be an editor that could display, edit, and scroll
the expression within a specified region of some window.

This is for an application where internal lisp structures need
to be editted frequently and where the edits are started by mouse
clicks on a graphical display. Firing up emacs for each edit
is unacceptable.

Note that I know about the demo that comes with Allegro common windows.
I'd like something more powerful if it is available.

Thanks

 Bryan M. Kramer	- 416-978-7330 -
 Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto
 Toronto, ON      M5S 1A4
From: Stephen R. Anderson
Subject: Re: pd editor written in lisp wanted
In article <·······················@wotan.ai.toronto.edu> ······@ai.toronto.edu ("Bryan M. Kramer") writes:

[request for rather general editor for lisp expressions deleted]
   This is for an application where internal lisp structures need
   to be editted frequently and where the edits are started by mouse
   clicks on a graphical display. Firing up emacs for each edit
   is unacceptable.                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why not use the emacs server code? Is it unacceptable to start up even
a single emacs?

Steve Anderson