From: Mark Ahlenius
Subject: saving structures
Is there any way in CL to save structures to a file, and
later read them back into the structure templates that
they were created and stored in?

I know one method, but that requires converting this
information to lists of s-expressions, and then
writing this info out, and reading and parsing it back
into the same format.

The problem occurs in a frame-based system in which some of
the slots there are structures and arrays stored in them
(actually only pointers to these elements).  When I save
the frame-based system and its information, the structures
and arrays obviously lose their contents.

I know that I could to a disk-save of the image, but this
is too expensive disk wise and I am looking for an alternative
method.`

Thanks
--
Mark Ahlenius 		  voice:(708)-632-5346  email: uunet!motcid!ahleniusm