From: ·······@gecrdvm1.crd.ge.com
Subject: What revision control systems do LISP programmers use?
I've been programming in Common LISP now for five years, but I rarely see
any use of revision control systems by LISP programmers?  Do special ones
exist that I'm unaware of?  Or are most LISP types too undisciplined to
(or too brilliant) to use them?  I am aware of the assorted defsystem
libraries, but what I'd like is something which can track previous versions
and revisions and, ideally, which is written in LISP since I use several
different operating systems.

I'll post a summary of any responses.   I'd prefer it if responses are
sent to  ········@crd.ge.com, since I only read the news here.
-- Ken
From: ·······@gecrdvm1.crd.ge.com
Well, the word appears to be that most LISP programmers don't use them.
There was an internal tool at Symbolics that never made it out of the lab,
some development groups use RCS (a standard UNIX revision control system),
and several people use defsystem packages which can handle multiple
versions of files.  I suspect that what I'll look for next is a convenient
implementation of something like RCS (this development won't all be on
UNIX machines).  What I wanted was RCS in LISP (so it'd run wherever my code
ran), but I can settle for the real thing.

Thanks for all your help     --- Ken