From: Hunter Barr
Subject: Request for any info on Le-Lisp, Aida, or Masai.
I may have to port some of my stuff to a system with Le-Lisp, Aida,
and Masai.  Trouble is, all my info on them is 3rd or 4th hand.

It sounds to me like Le-Lisp is a fairly modern dialect of Lisp (not
Common Lisp, but with similar functionality).  Can someone who knows
more fill me in?  Is it actually an implementation of Common Lisp?
(That would make my day!)  Where can I get a copy of the manual, or a
reasonably detailed description of the dialect, or implemenation, or
whatever it is?  Is Le-Lisp itself public domain I could FTP from
somewhere, or is it a commercial product I can buy?

Aida may just be X-windows bindings for Le-Lisp, and Masai sounds like
a tool for constructing user interfaces with Aida.  If anyone can tell
me more, or better yet point me to a copy of the manual for each, I
will be most grateful.

It does not matter whether the manuals have been translated into
English or not.

                            ______
                            HUNTER
From: Joe Dubin
Subject: Re: Request for any info on Le-Lisp, Aida, or Masai.

   From: ····@bbn.com (Hunter Barr)
   Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
   Date: 28 Mar 90 14:18:08 GMT

   I may have to port some of my stuff to a system with Le-Lisp, Aida,
   and Masai.  Trouble is, all my info on them is 3rd or 4th hand.

   It sounds to me like Le-Lisp is a fairly modern dialect of Lisp [...]
   Aida may just be X-windows bindings for Le-Lisp, and Masai sounds like
   a tool for constructing user interfaces with Aida. [...]

Le-Lisp, Aida, and Masai are all commercial products supported and
sold by ILOG.  Le-Lisp is also available from other companies.  I sent
a detailed reply directly to Mr. Barr.  If anyone else would like some
info, please e-mail me.

Joe Dubin
Technical Sales Support Engineer
ILOG