From: Jan Komorowski IB
Subject: ICLP'90 Workshop on Partial Deduction and Evaluation
	  Partial Deduction and Partial Evaluation Workshop
	    International Conference on Logic Programming
			      Jerusalem
		  Workshop Organizer: Jan Komorowski
			Abo Akademi University

I am organizing a workshop on partial deduction and partial evaluation
in logic programming and related areas for this year's ICLP.

PURPOSE: The workshop aims to explore new research ideas and to
exchange recent results in partial deduction of logic programs (PD)
and partial evaluation of sequential and concurrent Prolog (PE).
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:

	* application of abstract interpretation and other
	  program analysis methods to PD/PE,
	* PD/PE as a basis for systematic development of
	  programs,
	* relationship between partial evaluation in functional
	  languages and PD/PE, and higher order PD,
	* environments for PD/PE.

If you are interested in giving a presentation, please send me a short
description/summary (500-1000 words) for an informal review.  I would
also like to hear from persons who are interested in attending the
workshop.

DEADLINE:	April 22, 1990

ICLP workshops will be held in Eilat (Israel) on June 14-15,
preceeding the conference.

CONTACT MODE:
	* Preferred: e-mail:  ···········@finabo.abo.fi,
	  or ···········@finabo.bitnet