From: ·······@cc.helsinki.fi
Subject: version management
I am looking for references on software version management in Lisp.
I would be delighted to find a sophisticated system, tailored for Lisp,
but any information will be appreciated.  Since my interest is for
the design of such a system, a technical proposal would be of
equal value to a manual of a product that's actually being marketed.

I have used DEFSYSTEM in ZetaLisp release 6: nice, but quite conventional.
Since then, Symbolics has surely not been idle?

I remember reading, five years ago, about a system called Common Lisp
Framework (?) being developed at ISI.  Did anything come out of it?

E-mail or post, as you wish, I will be very grateful for any pointers.

Pekka P. Pirinen

University of Helsinki        ·······@cc.helsinki.fi, ·······@finuh.bitnet

IntelliTech oy                ·······@csc.fi, ·······@finfun.bitnet
Hietalahdenkatu 2 B
SF-00180 HELSINKI             phone: +358 0 605604
FINLAND                       fax:   +358 0 603639
From: Mark Kantrowitz
Subject: Re: version management
	From: ·······@cc.helsinki.fi
	Date: 19 Mar 90 22:17:51 GMT

	I am looking for references on software version management in Lisp.
	I would be delighted to find a sophisticated system, tailored for Lisp,
	but any information will be appreciated.  Since my interest is for
	the design of such a system, a technical proposal would be of
	equal value to a manual of a product that's actually being marketed.

	I have used DEFSYSTEM in ZetaLisp release 6: nice, but quite
	conventional. Since then, Symbolics has surely not been idle?

I have been developing a common lisp portable defsystem macro for
managing (compiling/loading) systems of files. It is a superset of the
Symbolics system construction tool, and is rather featureful.

I haven't fully torture-tested it, but am using it for my own work.
I'm still adding features as well.

Would there be interest in my posting a copy of the sources and
documentation to the net? If so, what newsgroup?

--mark