From: Eric Nielsen
Subject: Problems Restoring Structured Data from a Compiled File in LUCID 3.0
I am having problems restoring structured data in LUCID 3.0.4.

After running for a while, odd hunks of code (Lucid's and my own) magically replace
some of my data, or unknown objects appear.  I figure things in the restored
data structure are being garbage collected.

The method I used to save the code was to make a file as follows:

(in-package 'user)
(defmacro pre-eval (thing) (eval thing))
(pre-eval
 `(setq
 *global-variable* ',*global-variable*))

To save, I compile this file using the development compiler
To restore, I simply load the compiled file.

What else should I be doing?

	Thanks  Eric Nielsen

--
Eric H. Nielsen   ········@mda.ecs.umass.edu"