From: Stephen Adams
Subject: Problems with AKCL (SAVE ...)
I have compiled AKCL (ver 1.122) under both SUNOS 4.? on a sun4 and
HP-UX on a HP-9000.  Both versions compiled using the vendor's cc and
the distributed config header file to produce a working and quite
satisfactory binary of circa 3Mb.

The only thing that doenst seem to work is the (SAVE <pathname>)
function.  This just causes the lisp to exit with exit code 1 and no
diagnostics.  I have checked file permissions.  It doesnt seem to get
that far --- (save "protected-file") and (save "writable-file") and
(save "creatable-file") all behave this way.

Can anyone help?  I am really stuck.  What puzzles me most is that
when I installed it, it must have used SAVE to create ..../saved_kcl !

Stephen Adams                        ·······@uk.ac.soton.ecs (JANET)
Computer Science                     ·······@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Bitnet)
Southampton S09 5NH, UK              ·······@sot-ecs.uucp    (uucp)