From: Bob Kirby/Postgres User
Subject: Re: PCL problems under MACL 1.3.1
In article <··············@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> Perry Alexander writes:
 I have been having troubles compiling the Victoria Day version
 of PCL under MACL 1.3.1.  It is documented to have been tested
 under MACL 1.2.2.  Has anyone else had such problems?
 Better yet, will going after a newer release help?

I have successfully compiled 2/16/90 Rainy day PCL (beta3)
under MACL 1.3.1 on an SE (4MB, system 6.0.4) without difficulty,
but have not given PCL significant tests.

Bob Kirby
From: jeremy j. b. nguyen
In article <··············@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> Perry Alexander writes:
> I have been having troubles compiling the Victoria Day version
> of PCL under MACL 1.3.1.  It is documented to have been tested
> under MACL 1.2.2.  Has anyone else had such problems?
> Better yet, will going after a newer release help?

The fixes for compiling the Victoria Day version of PCL under MACL 1.3.1
are included in the latest version of Mac Tech Note #231.  The TNs are
ftp-able from apple.com in the ftp/pub/dts/mac/tn directory.
I could post it here if there are a lot of people who can't use ftp, otherwise
I can mail it out.

-jeremy bornstein
 death dwarf/minraud
 macdts