From: Uttam Sengupta
Subject: DECWindows and Lisp
I am a newcomer to the world of DECwindows and VAXstations. I have had
some experience with X on the SUN workstations (X10).

Currently we are running VMS 5.2 on our Vaxstation 3100. I have the following
questions:

1. Can I start the 3100 without having the default DECwindow startup window,
   i mean can i bring it up as a single window and then start the session
   meanager like on a SUN.

2. There are some DECW$... executables under sys$system. I can start up things
   like calender, clock, etc., but i seem to have trouble opening a window
   a la xterm on the SUN. There seems to be no help on these!

3. Is anybody out there doing a lot of stuff in DECwindows and VAXlisp? We
   are planning to implement lots of stuff, interfaces, mouse programming,
   and graphics using DECwindows and VAXlisp -- we could use any help available.

4. Is there a good source for sample programs in DECwindows and VAXlisp out
   there in ftpland?

Thanks in advance