From: Paul Frederick Snively
Subject: AKCL 1.313 vs. Vax/4.3 BSD
The title about says it all.

Thanks to all who responded to my requests about AKCL or Spice Lisp.

Among the letters that I received was a rather pointed one from the president
of Ibuki, pointing out that KCL is NOT in the public domain; my apologies for
that slip on my part.

In any event, I now have AKCL 1.313 and the associated KCL sources, both from
rascal.ics.utexas.edu, and am trying to do a build on one of the machines at
work, a Vax running 4.3 BSD.

I follow the instructions thusly:

Edit akcl/h/vax.defs, pointing the main directory to my kcl directory.
Make sure I'm in my akcl directory.
add-defs vax, which seems to do the right thing.
make -f Smakefile
It cranks for a couple of minutes while it creates loads of symbolic links,
and then the C compiler craps out on c/alloc.c, with lots of warnings and
a couple of syntax errors.

Question: what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,
·····@cup.portal.com