From: Jim McNelis
Subject: Request.
Hi;

	I do apologize if this is the wrong place for a question like
this, but here goes anyway.  I have a version (the public domain one)
of franz lisp, and am having major prolems getting it to build
correctly on our Sun-3's running 4.0.3 Sun Unix.  The problem is
that when I try to build nlisp from rawlisp rawlisp gives the error:
"Bad internal memory reference you are advised to (reset)".  So I
changed the makefile to do a reset first thing, and the nlisp that
gets dumped is bogus (it just bus errors when executed).  I know that
this is pretty old software, but cannot seem to locate anything newer
(this isn't the last PD version of franz BTW), and I have a customer
that would *really* like to use franz instead of kcl.  So the question is
is there anywhere that I could get a newer version of franz that is still
PD?  I could also stick with this one (minor version 92) if anyone could
point me towards some patches, or has some advice on how to deal with this
problem...  In either case please respond by email...

Thanks;
Jim McNelis   ( ยทยทยท@jupiter.nmt.edu )