From: Jan van den Bosch
Subject: Question about Lisp on DECstation
We are using Lisp on VAX Ultrix, it is a part of
Ultrix on VAX. Now we change our system to a DECstation
cluster. The problem is, Lisp is apparently not a part of
Ultrix/RISC.
My question: does anybody have experience with
Common-Lisp on a DECstation?

email: ······@urc.tue.nl        | Computing Centre
bitnet:  ······@heithe5.BITNET  | Eindhoven University of Technology
phone: 040-474526               | Den Dolech 2, P.O. Box 513
home:  04498-57011              | 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands
From: Ryan Lanham
Subject: Re: Question about Lisp on DECstation
> We are using Lisp on VAX Ultrix, it is a part of
> Ultrix on VAX. Now we change our system to a DECstation
> cluster. The problem is, Lisp is apparently not a part of
> Ultrix/RISC.
> My question: does anybody have experience with
> Common-Lisp on a DECstation?

We have experimented a little with Ibuki Common Lisp on a DECstation 3100.
Seems fine.  Our DEC AI rep has recently informed me that Lucid is now available,
but it's a bit pricy.

Ryan