From: Lou Steinberg
Subject: typo in CLtL 2nd ed ??
I have what looks like a typo in Common LIsp the Language, 2nd edition:

Page 567, first line:

... the user wishes to use a non-standard value for some variable ...
it can be bound by let inside the body of with-standard-io-syntax.  For
example:
(with-open-file ...
  (let ((*read-eval* nil))
    (with-standard-io-syntax
       (print data file))))

The text makes sense - put the let inside the with-standard-io-syntax - but
the example shows the let outside.

Is this a typo in the example?

Is there some ftp-able (or otherwise available) list of known typos in the
second edition as there was for the first?

Thank you.
--
					Lou Steinberg

uucp:   {pretty much any major site}!rutgers!aramis.rutgers.edu!lou
arpa:   ···@cs.rutgers.edu
From: Lou Steinberg
Subject: Re: typo in CLtL 2nd ed ??
[My appologies if this is a duplicate - I tried to post it but got
some kind of error, and I don't *think* it got out.]

In article <························@atanasoff.rutgers.edu> I asked
about a typo in Common Lisp the Language, 2nd edition (in the examples
on page 567, let is outside with-standard-io-syntax but should be
inside).  Guy Steele responded by mail and asked me to post his
response here:

      Is this a typo in the example?

   Yes; in fact both examples on page 567 have this problem.
   Sorry about that.  Thanks for catching it.

      Is there some ftp-able (or otherwise available) list of known typos in the
      second edition as there was for the first?

   Not yet.  I have just begun to accumulate such a list;
   it has about half a dozen entries.  Within the next
   several weeks I will clean it up and make it available.
   Meanwhile, keep those cards and letters coming in.

     --Guy Steele