From: Mark Brinsmead
Subject: Installing and Using CLUE on Sun-4
   I was wondering whether anybody out there could provide some
advice on installing CLUE on a Sun-4 (sparcstation).  I'm running
Lucid (Sun) Common Lisp 3.0, with the most recent versions of PCL,
CLX, and CLUE.  I've already had to make several hacks to avoid
compilation problems with types (eg., class names are not recognised
as value types unless defined in a *separate* file, compiled, and
loaded).

   I have experienced several errors when running the "just-say-lisp"
example provided with CLUE, such as "the function 14 is undefined" and
some really hideous type mismatches with (setf SVREF). After putting
in hacks to get around these the function runs, but nothing appears
on my screen when the windows (menus) should have been drawn. Before
I give up on this entirely, I would like to know the following:

1)  Has anybody run CLUE under a similar configuration (Lucid 3.0, PCL) ?
    (surely someone must have!)

2)  If the answer to 1) is "yes", can anybody offer advice as to how I
    should have installed this?

I have unfortunately not had the opportunity to devote all the time I should
have to debugging this, so I find myself asking for help instead. CLUE *looks*
worthwhile, but I'm starting to wonder....

-- Mark Brinsmead  (ยทยทยท@[128.144.1.3] <-- just in case DNS barfs)