From: Daniel Choy Edelson
Subject: CLOS--How to pronounce it
Now that CLOS is an accepted part of the CL standard, I am interested
in adopting the standard pronunciation.  However, I have heard "CLOS"
pronounced several different ways.

Is it:
"closs" rhymes with "floss"
"close" rhymes with "dose"
or
"see-loss"

I will accept as the standard whatever pronunciation the X3J13
committee used.  Would someone who was part of that process please
enlighten me.

Only half joking,
Danny

---------
Danny Edelson   	Institute for the Learning Sciences
·······@ils.nwu.edu 	     Northwestern University
From: Sam Hahn
Subject: Re: CLOS--How to pronounce it
In article <····@anaxagoras.ils.nwu.edu> you write:
>Now that CLOS is an accepted part of the CL standard, I am interested
>in adopting the standard pronunciation.  However, I have heard "CLOS"
>pronounced several different ways.
>
>Is it:
>"closs" rhymes with "floss"
>---------
>Danny Edelson   	Institute for the Learning Sciences
>·······@ils.nwu.edu 	     Northwestern University

CLOSS (floss).  That's how we do it.  We've never thought of it
pronounced any other way.  Nor is there a need.  (B^:) -- Sam