From: David Loewenstern
Subject: Comparison of UNIX(TM)-based Common Lisps?
My group is looking for a good production-quality Lisp for
Sparcstations and other UNIX platforms.  Running speed is
crucial, as are profiling tools.  Some sort of C-to-Lisp
foreign-language interface is required.  Other tools are less important.
Specifically, development tools other than profiling are unimportant,
since most of the development has been completed on Symbolicses and
Explorers.

We have been looking at Allegro and Lucid.  I'd like to know
if there's any sort of consensus about which is better for this purpose,
or if we've overlooked something important.

Please mail me your responses.  If there's interest, I'll post the
results.

David Loewenstern
<·····@whutt.att.com>
AT&T Bell Laboratories