From: Bruce Krulwich
Subject: Xchess <=> LISP
I am interested in using XCHESS (which I've gotten and made from the
GNUCHESS-3.0 release) as a front-end to a program written in LISP.  The
difficulty is that each should ideally be the top-level job that runs the
other as a subjob.

The best fix would be a tweak to XCHESS that let it communicate via its own
standard input and output instead of through pipes to a subjob.  This would
let me start XCHESS from within LISP and communicate with it easily.  The
other possible solution would be to write a seperate program that would handle
the communication.

The first solution seems like it should be easy, but I've done very little C
hacking under UNIX and wanted to first see if it had already been done.

Send responses to ········@ils.nwu.edu and I'll post whatever successful
results I get.

Thanks.

Bruce Krulwich