From: angel li
Subject: Common Lisp on decstations
Which Common Lisps are available on the DECstation?

Angel Li
University of Miami/RSMAS Remote Sensing Group

Internet: ·····@flipper.miami.edu			UUCP: ncar!umigw!angel
"Every time you think it weakens the nation."

From: Aaron Sloman
Subject: Re: Common Lisp on decstations
·····@flipper.miami.edu (angel li) writes:

> Date: 24 Apr 90 18:09:27 GMT
>
> Which Common Lisps are available on the DECstation?
>
> Angel Li
> University of Miami/RSMAS Remote Sensing Group

POPLOG, which includes Common Lisp, Pop-11, Prolog and ML, has been
ported to DECStation. However we are not releasing it just yet
because of bugs in ultrix that cause problems. (Dynamically linked
libraries not working, and the Ultrix memory manager allowing the
shared segment to be corrupted by user programs). We hope the bugs
are fixed in Ultrix 4.0, for which DEC have promised us a field test
version.

Aaron Sloman,
School of Cognitive and Computing Sciences,
Univ of Sussex, Brighton, BN1 9QH, England
    EMAIL   ······@cogs.sussex.ac.uk
From: Eric Benson
In article <····················@umigw.miami.edu>, ·····@flipper.miami.edu (angel li) writes:
> Which Common Lisps are available on the DECstation?

Lucid Common Lisp Release 3.0 has been shipping for several
months on the DECstation.  Release 4.0 incorporating CLOS and the
Lucid Delivery Toolkit (for producing compact, custom
applications) will ship in the next two months.

Lucid was selected by Digital to be the supplier of Common Lisp
for the DECstation.  Through an agreement between Lucid and
Digital, Digital is responsible for distribution of the product.
Customer support is done directly by Lucid.

For more information, contact Keith Thesing at (800) 225-1386 (in
California), (800) 843-4204 (outside California), or
·····@lucid.com.