From: Jose Delgado
Subject: Int. Workshop on VLSI for AI and Neural Nets,  Oxford 1990
			Please display
		    ----------------------

		        F   I   N   A   L

         C A L L    F O R    C  O N T R I B U T I O N S

                    International Workshop on
      VLSI for Artificial Intelligence and Neural Networks

        University of Oxford  -- 5th-7th September, 1990

      In Cooperation with ACM-SIGARCH, ACM-SIGART, IEE and
	 	       SUNY-Binghamton

AIM

Research on architectures dedicated  to  artificial intelligence
(AI)  processing  has  been  increasing  in  recent years, since
conventional data- or numerically-oriented architectures are not
able  to  provide  the  computational power and/or functionality
required.  For  the  time being  these architectures have to  be
implemented in VLSI technology with its inherent constraints  on
speed, connectivity, fabrication yield and power.   This in turn
impacts on the effectiveness of the computer architecture.

The aim of this workshop is to provide a forum where AI experts,
VLSI  and  Computer Architecture designers can come  together to
discuss  the  present  status and future trends on VLSI and ULSI
implementations of machines for AI computing. This workshop will
be held in an informal environment with panel and regular session
along with time for impromptu discussions.

PROGRAMME COMMITTEE

Igor Aleksander,   Imperial College, UK
Howard Card,   University of Manitoba, Canada
Jose Delgado-Frias,   SUNY-Binghamton, USA
Richard Frost,   University of Windsor, Canada
Peter Kogge,   IBM, USA
Will Moore,   University of Oxford, UK
Alan Murray,   University of Edinburgh, UK
John Oldfield,   Syracuse University, USA
Lionel Tarassenko,  University of Oxford, UK
Philip Treleaven,   University College London, UK
Benjamin Wah,   University of Illinois, USA
Michel Weinfield,   Ecole Polytechnique, France

SCOPE

The scope of the workshop includes, but needs not be limited to,
the following topics:

 * Prolog Machines,
 * Lisp Architectures,
 * Functional Programming Oriented Architectures,
 * Knowledge Based Systems,
 * Neural Networks,
 * Architectures for Neural Computing,
 * Logic Programming Systems,
 * Prolog Machines,
 * Garbage Collection Support,
 * Content-Addressable Memories,
 * Hardware Accelerators for AI Applications,
 * Hybrid Connectionist/Symbolic Machines,
 * AND/OR Parallel Architectures
 * Computers for Expert Systems

CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS

Prospective contributors are invited to submit a 500-1000 word
outline  by  May 1, 1990.   Notification of acceptance will be
posted by  June 22, 1990.  Please include your electronic mail
(e-mail) address and/or Telex or FAX number.

Final  documentation  must  be  received by August 13, 1990 to
guarantee distribution at the workshop.

Selected  contributors will  be  invited to submit their papers
for  an  edited  proceedings  to be published in a book form in
early 1991.

LOCAL DETAILS

The workshop will be held at the University of Oxford on the 5th
to  7th September 1990 with meals and accommodation available in
Jesus  College on  the  nights of the 4th to 6th September.  The
college,  founded  in 1571 by Queen Elizabeth I, stands close to
the heart of the University and the city's central shopping area.

The University and its colleges are located in the centre of this
historic city with fast connections to London and its airports.

FOR MORE DETAILS

Contact:  Dr. Jose G. Delgado-Frias
          Dept. of Electrical Engineering
          State University of New York at Binghamton
          Binghamton, NY 13901
	  USA

          Telephone: (607)777-4806 or 4856
          E-mail: ·······@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu
                  ·······@bingvaxa.bitnet
	  FAX: 607-777-4000

or	  Dr. Will R. Moore
	  Dept. of Engineering Science
	  Oxford University
	  Parks Road
	  Oxford OX1 3PJ
	  ENGLAND

	  Telephone: (0865)273187
	  E-mail: ·····@uk.ac.ox.vax (in the UK)
	    	  ·····@vax.ox.ac.uk  (from outside the UK)

ABSTRACTS

Please send your abstracts by either e-mail or postal mail to Jose G.
Delgado-Frias (to the address given above).

Int. Workshop on VLSI for AI & Neural Networks

							   please tick

Please send me further details of the workshop . . . . . . . . . .[ ]

I intend to submit an abstract by May 1  . . . . . . . . . . . . .[ ]

I intend to attend the workshop  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[ ]