From: Aaron Sloman
Subject: POPLOG USER GROUP CONFERENCE - OXFORD UNIVERSITY July 17-18
I've been asked to post this for someone without access to Net News, so
please don't use "Reply". Email and snail mail address included, below.

               *   POPLOG USERS' GROUP CONFERENCE 1990   *
               *            JULY 17TH - 18TH             *
               *          KEBLE COLLEGE, OXFORD          *

The next conference of the Poplog Users' Group, PLUG90, will be held in
Oxford on the 17th and 18th of July.

Residential accomodation (together with a rather superb conference
dinner) will be provided at Keble College on the night of the 17th.

The price will be #75 (pounds) to members of PLUG and #95 to non-members
(#15 for a non-residential booking, including lunches but no dinner).

Because Oxford is such a popular conference venue, we will find it
difficult to provide extra accomodation at short notice, so we ask you
to book before June 1st 1990. The charge for booking later than that
will be #120.

In case of academic hardship, Integral Solutions Limited, the commercial
distributors of Poplog, has generously offered to pay for three free
places. These will be offered to academic members of PLUG who have not
attended a PLUG conference before, and who have difficulty raising
funds.

If you would like to book a place, please write to me:
    Jocelyn Paine,
    Department of Experimental Psychology,
    South Parks Road,
    Oxford OX1 3UD
    England

E-mail me on JANET:   ยทยทยทยท@UK.AC.OX.VAX

or leave a phone message on Oxford 271444 (+44 (0)865 271444) asking me
to ring back (my direct number is 0865 271339, but I am not always in
the office)

If possible please use E-mail; it's the most convenient for me.

Make cheques payable simply to "PLUG".

I will publish information about the programme nearer the time. I hope
to arrange a tutorial or two on topics of general interest but
non-trivial difficulty, and to have some talks on the work being done by
existing Poplog users. We will consider all the Poplog languages:
Pop-11, Prolog, Lisp, and ML.

We shall also discuss the future of Poplog, including the prospects for
standardisation, and future improvements being planned by Sussex and
ISL. If you want to speak, please contact me. We can provide hardware
for demonstrations.

                                        Jocelyn Paine