From: Patrick J Draper
Subject: XLISP for PC's
Hi!

I'm new to this newsgroup and the the language LISP. Could someone who
knows more about various interpreters comment on the XLISP for the PC
(and various other computers). From the instructions it looks alright
for learning the language, but since I've never used LISP before, I
wouldn't know a bad LISP interpreter if I saw one.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick Draper      -     Michigan State University
From: Steve Ansell
Subject: Re: XLISP for PC's
In article <······················@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> you write:
>Hi!
>
>I'm new to this newsgroup and the the language LISP. Could someone who
>knows more about various interpreters comment on the XLISP for the PC
>(and various other computers). From the instructions it looks alright
>for learning the language, but since I've never used LISP before, I
>wouldn't know a bad LISP interpreter if I saw one.

Well, I have XLISP on my PC, but haven't had ample opportunity to use it
yet so I can't really give you an overview of the language.  I do have a
suggestion that may help you, though.  There is another newsgroup called
"comp.lang.lisp.x" that is dedicated, specifically, to XLISP .  If you
were to re-post this message to that group you would be more likely to get
				May your logic bugs be minimized,
						-Steven T. Ansell
			  |Internet:   ········@ucdavis.edu     |
			  |  	       ······@pollux.ucdavis.edu|
			  |BITNET:     ········@ucdavis         |
			  |UUCP:       ucdavis!stansell         |
			  |	       ucdavis!pollux!ccs005    |

p.s. I tried to e-mail this to you, but my mailer choked on your address.