From: ······@m.cs.uiuc.edu
Subject: lisp under Mach?
Does anyone out there in Netland know of:

1.  A pd lisp with compiler running under the Mach OS

or

2.  How to make KCL or AKCL produce Mach executable images rather than
a.out-format images?

thanks,
Simon Kaplan
······@cs.uiuc.edu  (internet)
uunet!uiucdcs!kaplan (usenet)

From: Paul Snively
Subject: Re: lisp under Mach?
In article <·······@m.cs.uiuc.edu> ······@m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:
> Does anyone out there in Netland know of:
>
> 1.  A pd lisp with compiler running under the Mach OS
>
> or
>
> 2.  How to make KCL or AKCL produce Mach executable images rather than
> a.out-format images?
>
> thanks,
> Simon Kaplan
> University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
> ······@cs.uiuc.edu  (internet)
> uunet!uiucdcs!kaplan (usenet)

A long time ago, in comp.ai (I think), someone posted the FTP address for
CMU Common Lisp, which is a Common Lisp in C that runs under Mach (what a
surprise).  The code was apparently written for the IBM RT but should port
to other Machs (if I remember correctly) without too much trouble.
Porting to non-Mach environments sounded like it would be much tougher.

I'd love to get my hands on that FTP address again, too, as Mach is now
being ported to the Macintosh II family.

Just because I work for Apple Computer, Inc. doesn't mean that they
believe what I believe or vice-versa.
From: Alessandro Forin
In article <·······@m.cs.uiuc.edu>, ······@m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

> Does anyone out there in Netland know of:
>
> 1.  A pd lisp with compiler running under the Mach OS

Mach is usually binary compatible with the native OS on the machines to
which it has been ported.  Any pd lisp that runs on machine X will also run
under Mach.

Send mail to ···@cs.cmu.edu for details on CMU Common Lisp.

> 2.  How to make KCL or AKCL produce Mach executable images rather than
> a.out-format images?

You mean, on a NeXT box.  Just pretend it is a Sun (e.g. 68020) and
fix c/unixsave.c and c/unixfasl.c as appropriate.
Have fun.
sandro-