From: Wayne Folta
Subject: Apple Allegro CL prob. and questions
I just received Apple's Allegro Common Lisp tonight (1.2.2) and installed
it on my 2.5Mb Mac SE.  I set its MultiFinder partition to 1800.

My problem is this: It crashes the system ROYALLY when I have SuperClock! 3.5
is installed.  Any ideas on which program's fault it may be?  SuperClock has a
clean record on my system.

My first question is: If I get CommonLOOPS, how much overhead does this
add--in terms of space and runtime--to running Allegro CL programs?  Do I then
need 1.6Mb to load Allegro CL plus another 400K to load LOOPS?

Second: When will the manuals--which still have references to Coral Lisp
and 38 Addenda pages--be updated?

And lastly, I just heard that Apple will be releasing 1.3 next month...are
there any rumors about the upgrade cost (I hope that since I bought after
the upgrade announcement that I will be "grandfathered" in)?

Wayne Folta          (·····@tove.umd.edu  128.8.128.42)
From: Lee Spector
Subject: Re: Apple Allegro CL prob. and questions
In article <·····@mimsy.UUCP> ·····@tove.umd.edu.UUCP (Wayne Folta) writes:
>I just received Apple's Allegro Common Lisp tonight (1.2.2) and installed
>it on my 2.5Mb Mac SE.  I set its MultiFinder partition to 1800.
>
>My problem is this: It crashes the system ROYALLY when I have SuperClock! 3.5
>is installed.  Any ideas on which program's fault it may be?  SuperClock has a
>clean record on my system.
>Wayne Folta          (·····@tove.umd.edu  128.8.128.42)

Perhaps your problem is in the small multifinder partition.  My copy has a
"suggested memory size" of 2048.  I was under the impression that if you
set "application memory size" to less than "suggested memory size" all bets
were off.  (If I'm wrong about this let me know - I'd love to have ACL and
hypercard both up at the same time on my 4 meg...).

I run ACL 1.2.2 with SuperClock! 3.5 all of the time and have had no
problems.  I'm running on a IIcx, though, so perhaps there is an interaction
problem that's just on SEs...

  -Lee