From: Raymond Fink
Subject: HP Common Lisp II (Lucid) and X servers
We are using HP Common Lisp II (the version that Lucid is the OEM) on
a HP 9000/350, and are having problems trying to use a non-HP X display
server for a Lisp display window.

When trying to open up the Lisp display window using a Sun-3 (X11R3) as
a display server, Lisp breaks on not being able to find the font "roman".
The font (part of the Lisp distribution) was copied to the Sun-3, and works
ok with normal X server protocols (xterm, etc.).  I can get things to work
fine using other HP machines as display servers, so I am big time confused.

I followed the meager instructions in the manual to the letter (honest!).
The computer and software are owned by a customer who did not buy
software support, so I can't fall back on the normal HP support approach.

Has anybody else seen this problem? Anybody know how to fix it? Suggestions
for how to fix it? Any clues would be appreciated. (Email replies are best,
I will summarize).

Thanks

Ray Fink -- Idaho National Engineering Laboratory -- Idaho Falls ID
	ยทยทยท@INEL.GOV			208-526-9323