From: Raymond Fink
Subject: HP Common Lisp II (Lucid) and vt100's
We are using HP Common Lisp II (the version that Lucid is the OEM) on
a HP 9000/350, and are having trouble trying to use the built-in
editor when logging in from a remote vt100 terminal (or an xterm
under X11R3).

Basically it doesn't insert characters properly, it gets stuck at the
end of the line when updating the display.  (the file is correctly
updated though.)  It looks like some sort of terminfo/termcap problem
with padding characters, maybe.

The manual is no help whatsoever on this.  The computer and software are
owned by a customer who did not buy software support, so I can't fall
back on the normal HP support approach.

Has anybody else seen this problem? Anybody know how to fix it? Suggestions
for how to fix it? (Email replies are best, I will summarize).

Thanks

Ray Fink -- Idaho National Engineering Laboratory -- Idaho Falls ID
	ยทยทยท@INEL.GOV			208-526-9323