From: Brad Miller
Subject: Re: Symbolics co-processor board for the Sparcstation-1 ?
    It shouldn't be TOO long before it's possible.  That's only about a
    third the size of a Macintosh II NuBus card, and Symbolics has an
    Ivory card that fits there.  And they've already dealt with the
    problem of accessing memory in 48-bit chunks (don't forget the ECC)
    over a 32-bit bus in the MacIvory.

true, but it isn't the HOST's memory, but separate memory the host doesn't
use on the NuBus... I'd think accessing host memory properly (such that the
host leaves it alone except maybe handling vmem or some such?) would require
some sort of peer processor support that I don't know if the Sbus interface
allows... they only bill it as an i/o bus. Again, I haven't seen any specs
and I've been lead to beleive they aren't published.

Definitely getting a full ivory on a 3x5 card would be an acheivement,
though!