From: Frank Malczewski
Subject: Re: Some problems with Coral Allegro CL
Unfortunately, I can only echo your concerns, as I don't have any answers to
yours.

However, I am about to embark on a short-term project for class to implement
a hypertext application.  I have not determined the approach yet, but given
the range of options provided by Allegro Common Lisp, e.g., it Object Lisp
capability, PCL (although your note makes me wonder), Foreign Function Interface,
I was wondering whether there are any things I should be aware of in terms of
limitations that I might run into using ACL.  I intend to provide as much of
a mac-like interface as possible, though will not be straying into the hypercard
realm.

  -- Frank Malczewski   [········@castor.usc.edu]

P.S. Any responses, either here or via e-mail, will be responded to if I ever
manage to figure out how.  But, on the other hand, having seen several queries
about ACL, I would like to read about some of the answers, so "here" would be
good.
From: Flash Sheridan
Subject: Re:(actually none) Some problems with Coral Allegro CL
In article <····@nunki.usc.edu> ········@castor.usc.edu (Frank Malczewski) writes:

>, PCL (although your note makes me wonder),
Nope, works fine.

>I was wondering whether there are any things I should be aware of in terms of
>limitations that I might run into using ACL.
No, none, it's absolutely perfect in all respects.
(No, I'm not by nature a kind person.  ExperCommonLisp, for
instance, is a disgrace.)  Just make sure you have a good copy of
the latest version, and all will be wonderful.
From: ·····@cs.qmc.ac.uk (Flash Sheridan)
Portal,MacNet: FlashsMom