From: RAMontante
Subject: Re: modest LISPs for the 386
<····@uoregon.uoregon.edu> ···@drizzle.UUCP (Anant Kartik Mithal) :
-Many of us in our department have begun to use TI Scheme for situations
-where we need to program in Lisp. It is an excellent implementation,
-is highly standard (Scheme is much more standardized than Lisp), and
-the TI version has support for both extended as well as expanded memory.
-The student price is $57, and it comes with extensive documentation.

I also like TI Scheme quite a bit (although people around here may not
believe me :-)  However, according to my information the Student
version 3.0 differs from the Professional version 3.0 by NOT including
the extended/expanded memory support, or the external language
interfaces.  Both versions have some IBM PC graphics support (which I'm
not too familiar with).  Based on versions 1.0 and 2.0, the
Professional package should cost around $100 - $150 ?
From: Lars Thomas Hansen
-
-I also like TI Scheme quite a bit (although people around here may not
-believe me :-)  However, according to my information the Student
-version 3.0 differs from the Professional version 3.0 by NOT including
-the extended/expanded memory support, or the external language
-interfaces.  Both versions have some IBM PC graphics support (which I'm
-not too familiar with).  Based on versions 1.0 and 2.0, the
-Professional package should cost around $100 - $150 ?

The price of the Professional package is in fact $99 from TI; some software
vendors go as low as $79 + s&h.

However, I have used Scheme for some (student) work, and I have to agree
that it is a very nice package.

--lars