From: Gary Erickson
Subject: Need KCL for Sun3 running OS 4.0
I would appreciate any pointers to a version of KCL that runs on
a Sun3 OS 4.0.  I keep getting memory faults while trying to
build saved_kcl.

Thanks.

University of California Irvine        | (714) 856-4222
Information & Computer Science Dept.   | ········@ics.uci.edu    (Internet)
Support Group                          | ucbvax!ucivax!erickson      (UUCP)
Gary Erickson                          | ········@uci              (Bitnet)
--
Gary Scott Erickson
From: Skippy The Wonder Hacker
Subject: Re: Need KCL for Sun3 running OS 4.0
In article <···@paris.ICS.UCI.EDU> ········@paris.ics.uci.edu (Gary) writes:
>I would appreciate any pointers to a version of KCL that runs on
>a Sun3 OS 4.0.  I keep getting memory faults while trying to
>build saved_kcl.

	I got KCL working on Sun 3's with SunOS 4.0.  I had to use
	gcc, the GNU C Compiler, since Sun's compiler seemed to be
	producing bad code.  I also had to make one small change in
	unixsave.c.  The patch follows.

		--Jeff

*** /tmp/,RCSt1a07038	Sun Sep 18 21:39:58 1988
--- unixsave.c	Wed Aug 31 03:44:25 1988
***************
*** 327,334 ****
--- 327,337 ----
  #else
  		nfile = _NFILE;
  #endif
+ /*
  		for (p = &_iob[3];  p < &_iob[nfile];  p++)
  			fclose(p);
+ */
+ 		_cleanup();
  	}
  	memory_save(kcl_self, filename);
  /*

--
Jeff Weinstein aka Skippy The Wonder Hacker      For Smart Mailers(and Internet)
Computer Systems Lab (the OTHER computer center)     ····@polyslo.calpoly.edu