From: Margaret Mikulska
Subject: functional languages
Has anybody got any _hands-on_ experience with a functional language
called MIRANDA ? It is described in the book:
Simon L. Peyton Jones, The Implementation of Functional Programming
Languages,
and in a few articles.

There is also a British company selling compilers for this language
(running on most UNIX systems, from large ones down to AT&T 3B2).

On paper, the language looks great. However, I'd like to hear from
somebody who has or is currently _using_ the language.

Also, I'm interested in other func. lang. particularly suitable for
scientific computing, i.e., languages whose syntax is as close as
possible to mathematical notation (special applications: solutions
of differential equations).

PLEASE e-mail, I'm not able to catch up with all the interesting
groups.
Thanks in advance.

Margaret Mikulska

Department of Computer Science and Engineering, C-014
Institute for Nonlinear Science, R-002

University of California    |	DARPA	: ········@cs.ucsd.edu
			    |   	  ···@inls1.ucsd.edu
at San Diego	            |	UUCP	: sdcsvax!mikulska
			    |   BITNET	: ········@UCSD
La Jolla, CA 92093    	    |   voice 	: (619) 534-1452