From: Ritchey Ruff
Subject: KCL for the SUN 4???
We just got 2 Sun 4's and need to find a port of KCL to the Sun 4.
I will take one for ANY version of the OS (we have SunOS 3.X but will
be changing to 4.x).  *ANY* pointers would be of help (I'll post
anytthing I find out so please send e-mail).

thanks in advance for your time,
--ritchey ruff	········@cs.orst.edu -or- ...!tektronix!orstcs!ruffwork

From: Steve Cumming
Subject: Where is Franz Lisp these days?
I am trying to port franz (Opus 38.7ish) from
a sun3.x to SunOS4.

It occurs to me that, since this version is more
than five years old, it may be worth getting a new one.

Is FranzLisp still beng developed? By whom?
Is there ftp-able code for it anywhere?

Please send mail if you can help, as I don't follow
this group.

Thanks is advance - I'll forward any results to anyone who wants.

Steve Cumming
School of Computing Science
Simon Fraser University
Vancouver BC

ubc-cs!fornax!stevec
······@lccr.cs.sfu.ca
From: Charles A. Cox
Subject: Re: Where is Franz Lisp these days?
In article <···@fornax.UUCP> ······@fornax.UUCP (Steve Cumming) writes:
>Is FranzLisp still beng developed? By whom?

Franz Lisp is being maintained and developed by Franz Inc. in
Berkeley, California.  The current version (Opus 43.1) has many
significant Common Lisp enhancements over the last public domain
version (Opus 38 and earlier).  It also runs on many more machines
than the public domain version did.

Just to make sure there's no confusion, Franz Lisp from Franz Inc.
is not the same as Allegro Common Lisp from (also from Franz Inc.)

For more information, you can contact Franz Inc. at (415) 548-3600 or
················@Berkeley.EDU".

	Charley Cox
	···@renoir.Berkeley.EDU
From: Thomas V. Frauenhofer
In a previous posting, ···@renoir.Berkeley.EDU (Charles A. Cox) says:
>>Is FranzLisp still beng developed? By whom?

>Franz Lisp is being maintained and developed by Franz Inc. in
>Berkeley, California.  The current version (Opus 43.1) has many
>significant Common Lisp enhancements over the last public domain
>version (Opus 38 and earlier).                     ^^^^^^ ^^^^^^

A public domain version?  How can I get a copy?

Tom Frauenhofer 	...!rutgers!rochester!kodak!bmt!tvf

BLOOM: You can't kill the actors!  They're human beings!
BIALYSTOCK: Oh yeah? You ever eat with one?