From: Steve Holmes
Subject: linking libraries into kcl
Has anybody been able to link libraries (e.g. imsl) into kcl programs?  I
have tried to find a way without modifying kcl itself, but can't seem to
find a way.  Also, I tried to add the necessary arguments to compile-file,
but I think that is the wrong place.  The loader is, so far, beyond my
ability to figure out.  Can anyone help?
Please respond with email.  I don't get to read the news much.
Thanks,

Steve Holmes				purdue!sjh
Manager Software Applications/CAPO	···@cs.purdue.edu
Dept. of Computer Science		(317) 494-6011
Purdue University W. Lafayette, Indiana 47907
From: Jeff Dalton
Subject: Re: linking libraries into kcl
In article <····@medusa.cs.purdue.edu> ···@cs.purdue.EDU (Steve Holmes) writes:
>Has anybody been able to link libraries (e.g. imsl) into kcl programs?'

If you have some C code that needs some library routines, you can load
it (on BSD systems) by using si:faslink.  Type (help 'si:faslink) for
a brief description.

Jeff Dalton,                      JANET: ········@uk.ac.ed
AI Applications Institute,        ARPA:  ·················@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk
Edinburgh University.             UUCP:  ...!ukc!ed.ac.uk!J.Dalton