From: Marty Kent
Subject: "Asynchronous" processing in Allegro Common Lisp?
   Are there any functions in Allegro that are subject to return before all
their work has actually been completed? For instance, I can imagine the
possibility that a function might queue something to be handled in a
Mac operating system queue, and then return immediately afterward, without
any guarantee that the os had already handled that processing.

   I'm curious about whether it's possible for (window-close) to return while
the image of the window is still visible on the screen. Does anyone *know*?

Marty Kent  	Sixth Sense Research and Development
		415/642 0288	415/548 9129
		·····@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu
		{uwvax, decvax, inhp4}!ucbvax!mkent%dewey.soe.berkeley.edu
Kent's heuristic: Look for it first where you'd most like to find it.