From: Flash Sheridan
Subject: Errors in Common Lisp: The Language?
Does anybody have a set of patches for Steele's CLtL?
Here are my additions:

in the index:
defun is defined on page 67.  (This is pretty hard on beginners.)
macrolet on page 113
&environment on page 145 (not really)

elsewhere:
I think page 145 should describe &environment.

From: ·····@ee.qmc.ac.uk (Flash Sheridan)
or_perhaps_Reply_to: ·····@cs.qmc.ac.uk

From: John R. Gersh
Subject: Re: Errors in Common Lisp: The Language?
In article <···@sequent.cs.qmc.ac.uk> ········@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk writes:

>Does anybody have a set of patches for Steele's CLtL?
>Here are my additions:
>
>in the index:
>defun is defined on page 67.  (This is pretty hard on beginners.)
>macrolet on page 113
>&environment on page 145 (not really)

All of these index items, and many others, are taken care of in
"Common Lisp, The Index," by Rosemary Simpson. It's a pamphlet-
sized book, put out by Coral Software and Franz. The book is a full
cross-referenced index to CLtL.

Coral includes it (along with CLtL) with Coral Common Lisp; they were
giving it away at their booth at AAAI last summer. (The index, not the
software!)

The book shows a price of $4.95, so I suppose Coral will sell it
separately; their number is (800) 521-1027, or P.O. Box 307, Cambridge
MA 02142.
From: ····@lcuxlm.UUCP
In article <···@sequent.cs.qmc.ac.uk>, ·····@ee.qmc.ac.uk (Flash Sheridan) writes:

> elsewhere:
> I think page 145 should describe &environment.
>
> From: ·····@ee.qmc.ac.uk (Flash Sheridan)
> or_perhaps_Reply_to: ·····@cs.qmc.ac.uk

&ENVIRONMENT is described on p. 145.  The last (indented) paragraph
refers to it - unfortunately the keyword &ENVIRONMENT was omitted, so
that it seems at first glance to be simply more on &WHOLE.

--ilan caron