From: ········@ifistg.UUCP
Subject: Re: Franz Lisp --> Common Lisp - (nf)
We have a rule-based transformatter from Franz Lisp to Common Lisp.  Rules
are like the following:

(defrule  append1 Standard 1
  (fl::|append1| ?list ?elem)
  ==>
  (append ?list (list ?elem))
  (Franz-to-Common)
  (Protocol)
  ((author "Andreas Girgensohn") (created "Mon Jan 19 21:31:41 1987")))

Most of the code will be transformed correctly.  Not transformed pieces can
be found by the package prefix FRANZ-LISP (short: FL).

You can get a copy of the transformation system on a magnetic tape.
Possible tapes  are  streamer tapes for SUN or Symbolics or tapes for a VAX
11/780 (Unix 4.2 bsd).

       Andreas Girgensohn
       Research Group INFORM
       Universitaet Stuttgart
       Federal Republic of Germany
       ARPA:  ·······························@uunet.uu.net
       UUCP:  uunet!unido!ifistg!girgenso
       CSNET: ····················@germany.csnet

From: Drew Adams
In article <···@ifistg.UUCP> ········@ifistg.UUCP writes:
>We have a rule-based transformatter from Franz Lisp to Common Lisp.
>       Andreas Girgensohn

We also  have available  a similar  Franz-to-Common translator, FTOC,
written in Common Lisp.  It was written in 1984 for,  I believe, Opus
38, 39 or 40 Franz.  It also uses easily replaceable reduction rules,
which may be in backquote-comma-etc form.   It is  available free for
research (only) purposes.

Drew ADAMS, Laboratoires de Marcoussis, Centre de Recherche de la Compagnie
            Generale d'Electricite, Route de Nozay, 91460 MARCOUSSIS, FRANCE
            Tel. 64.49.11.54, ·····@crcge1.cge.fr
From: Drew Adams
Subject: SUN COMMON LISP 3.0 from Franz - will it be used by SUN?
We so far haven't been able to get any information out  of SUN France
regarding which Common Lisp will end up being supported by  SUN.  The
result is that we  are developing  both in  Lucid Common  Lisp and in
Franz's Common Lisp (called by SUN Version 3.0 Beta test).   Rumor is
that the latter will NOT replace Lucid as the  standard SUN supported
language after all, but we would really like to know more
definitively.    Can  anyone  corroborate  or  invalidate the rumors?
Thanks.