From: Brant Cheikes
Subject: XLISP 2.0?
I recently saw an article here that mentioned Xlisp 2.0 was
available, and someone asked if it could be ftp'd from somewhere.
I saw no answer to that query.  If there *is* an anonymous ftp
site that has Xlisp 2.0, could someone tell me where it is?  If
not, then if some kind soul would be willing to put Xlisp on
floppies (I'd send them & pay for expenses), I'd make it available
for ftp from linc.
---
Brant Cheikes
University of Pennsylvania
ARPA: ·····@linc.cis.upenn.edu, UUCP: ...drexel!manta!brant

From: Marion Hakanson
Subject: Re: XLISP 2.0?
XLISP 2.0 for Atari ST and IBM PC are available for anonymous FTP on
host "cs.orst.edu" (on the NSFNET).  We have the Mac version here as
well, but it is not yet available for FTP.  I understand that there is
an Amiga version as well, but that was not finished when I last asked
(several weeks ago).

I got XLISP 2.0 via floppy from the author (David Betz).  If you send
the appropriate formatted floppy to him with a stamped, self-addressed
return mailer, he will send you the latest version for whatever
machine your floppy is for.  His address is:

    David Betz
    127 Taylor Road
    Peterborough, NH 03458

--
Marion Hakanson         Domain: ········@cs.orst.edu
                        CSNET : ····················@relay.cs.net
From:  C J Luciano hotld
In article <····@super.upenn.edu> ·····@linc.cis.upenn.edu (Brant Cheikes) writes:
 > I recently saw an article here that mentioned Xlisp 2.0 was
 > available, and someone asked if it could be ftp'd from somewhere.
 > I saw no answer to that query.  If there *is* an anonymous ftp
 > site that has Xlisp 2.0, could someone tell me where it is?  If
 > not, then if some kind soul would be willing to put Xlisp on
 > floppies (I'd send them & pay for expenses), I'd make it available
 > for ftp from linc.
 > ---
 > Brant Cheikes
 > University of Pennsylvania
 > Department of Computer and Information Science
 > ARPA: ·····@linc.cis.upenn.edu, UUCP: ...drexel!manta!brant

XLISP 2.0 is allegedly available thru the bullitin boards listed in the front
of AI Expert. I actually tried two of these bullitin boards and all they had
was the files that go with each issue of the mag. You may find it on one of
these.

A more certain approach is to download it from compuserv, GO AIE, in data
library DL2. I got it from there and it was well worth my $15.00 free usage
credit (I've not used compuspend since).

Good Luck,
C. J. Luciano
From: John D. Miller
In article <···@hotlr.ATT> ·····@hotlr.UUCP (54316 - C J Luciano hotld) writes:
>A more certain approach is to download it from compuserv, GO AIE, in data
>library DL2. I got it from there ....
>
>Good Luck,
>C. J. Luciano

could you PLEASE post this to the proper moderator or source group and let us
know where you put it?  i've received half a dozen or more requests for it
and i could not locate it on BIX, where someone else said it lived.

thanks much,

-- jdm
--
...!{tektronix!verdix}!sequent!gssc!jdm                John D. Miller
(503) 641-2200                                         Graphic Software Systems
From: Preston Bannister
From article <····@gssc.UUCP>, by ···@gssc.UUCP (John D. Miller):

> ....  i've received half a dozen or more requests for it
> and i could not locate it on BIX, where someone else said it lived.

David Betz and XLisp are on BIX.  To find them :-) do:

	join lisp/xlisp

The download XLisp archives are in the listing area:

	join listing

and then change to the lisp area in listings.

--
Preston L. Bannister
USENET	   :	hplabs!felix!preston
From: Eric Johnson
In article <····@gssc.UUCP>, ···@gssc.UUCP (John D. Miller) writes:
> [ re XLISP 2.0 ]
> could you PLEASE post this to the proper moderator or source group and let us
> know where you put it?  i've received half a dozen or more requests for it
> and i could not locate it on BIX, where someone else said it lived.
>
> -- jdm
> --
> ...!{tektronix!verdix}!sequent!gssc!jdm                John D. Miller
> (503) 641-2200                                         Graphic Software Systems

XLISP 2.0 _is_ available on BIX, at least the last time I tried.  David
Betz, the author also appears in a conference area on xlisp.  Here
is what I did to get 2.0:
1) In BIX, go to the file section
:join listings

2) In the file section, change your working area to the LISP file area
A LISP

(The A is the change area command)

3) In the LISP area of the file section, list out the file names available for
downloading
(L should list the files)

4) For the Mac, XLISP 2.0 was in a file called something like:
xlisp20.sit      (SIT is Macish for a stuffit archive)

When I was last on, I saw versions for IBM PCs, Atari STs, Commodore
Amigas, Apple Macs, and an ARChive (PC ARC format) with the C source.
There were also a lot of other lisp-type stuff, as well as an
early version of D. Betz's latest project, XScheme.

Note: these files are large -- it took over 30 minutes to download
XLISP for the Mac.

5) The text discussion on XLISP is in the lisp conference:
(Quit files section)
: join lisp/xlisp

Hope this helps.
I'm writing this from memory, so I apologize if I'm wrong about anything.
-Eric

--
Eric F. Johnson          | Phone +1 612-894-0313             | Are we
Prime Automation,Inc     | UUCP: ihnp4!umn-cs!hall!pai!erc   | having
From: Rob Peck
In article <···@pai.UUCP>, ···@pai.UUCP (Eric Johnson) writes:

> XLISP 2.0 _is_ available on BIX, at least the last time I tried.  David
> Betz, the author also appears in a conference area on xlisp.  Here

To obtain XLISP2.0 for the Amiga, if you are a CompuServe member, you'll
find the executable plus the Amiga-specific code in DL10, Programming.
(GO AMIGAFORUM, then go to DL9 and browse on keyword XLISP.)

To obtain the "generic" sources, to which the AMIGAFORUM stuff is a
modification, get it from the AI Expert forum (GO AIE-100, go to the
Lisp DL (data library), and browse on keyword XLISP.  I think it is
XLISP2.arc but not sure.)

Rob Peck				...ihnp4!hplabs!ardent!rap