From: ········@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu
Subject: Re: Looking for a good Macintosh Lisp
I am in agreement with the previous response on Allegro CL for the Mac.
With 2 megabytes of memory (the minimum I would recommend on a Mac II)
it runs most of the usual benchmarks at about 50% or so of a SUN-3/160.
It is hightly compatible with the SUN version for non-Mac specific
stuff and is very easy to use with a nice set of windows on the Mac.

Steve Christensen
NCSA, Illinois
·····@spock.ncsa.uiuc.edu
From: Ralph J. Marshall
In article <········@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu> ········@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>I am in agreement with the previous response on Allegro CL for the Mac.
>With 2 megabytes of memory (the minimum I would recommend on a Mac II)
>it runs most of the usual benchmarks at about 50% or so of a SUN-3/160.
>It is hightly compatible with the SUN version for non-Mac specific
>stuff and is very easy to use with a nice set of windows on the Mac.
>
>Steve Christensen
>NCSA, Illinois
>·····@spock.ncsa.uiuc.edu

	We are just beginning to use Allegro on Mac IIs, and I'm trying
to find somebody who has any experience building large systems with it.
I'm particularly interested in any gaps you may have found in the development
environment, and how much of a problem the lack of virtual memory
may be (we have ordered 8 Megs for each of our machines).

	Thanks in advance for advice.