From: Steve Masticola
Subject: Looking for a good Macintosh Lisp
Thanks to those who answered my Prolog question. I'm also looking for
a good Lisp for the Macintosh (Common Lisp, hopefully), with good
execution time and a well-thought-out debugger.

If you've had _bad_ experiences with any Mac Lisp, I'd appreciate
hearing that, too. Please mail me and I'll post the results if there's
enough interest.

Thanks for your time!

- Steve Masticola
  (········@paul.rutgers.edu)
From: Harold Striepe
Subject: Re: Looking for a good Macintosh Lisp
Although a number of Lisps are available for the Macintosh (including XLISP
V2.0), the only fll Common Lisp implementation is Allegro CL by Coral/Franz.
At $600 it is a bargain supporting an integrated interpreter/compiler, editor,
debugger, and full Macintosh toolbox access. It will run on a MacPlus, but
serious work requires at least 2mb memory (more is better...). On a MacintoshII
features and performance compete favorably with a Vaxstation II running VAX Lisp(unless you need more than 8mb of memory).

Harald Striepe
Business Development Manager, Artificial Intelligence
Apple Computer, Inc.

email: ·······@APPLE.COM       AppleLink: STRIEPE2