From: Robert Dale
Subject: Common Lisp on PCs
I'd like to provide some information, and make a request for more
information.  Some weeks ago, someone in one of these newsgroups, or
perhaps both -- I've lost the article, so I don't know which --
requested information on PC Lisps.  Here's a list of Common Lisps for
PCs which appeared in the UK magazine _Expert Systems User_ at the end
of 1986 -- okay, so it's old, but it's all I have ..  note that all
the prices listed are therefore probably wrong.

ACT Informatique's Lelisp -- a subset of Common Lisp, at 4200 French
Francs.

Gold Hill's Golden Common Lisp, at $1195.

Integral Quality's IQLisp ("a Common Lisp for micros aimed at
educational users" it says), at $300.

Sapiens Software's Star Sapphire Common Lisp at $495.

The article I'm taking this from mentions a number of other PC Lisps, but
these are the only ones that make a claim to being Common Lisp.  If
the original poster wants that info, he/she should mail me.

Now, my question:  does anyone have experience of using any of these?
Golden Common Lisp and Star Sapphire look like the only two serious
implementations:  has anyone actually tried both, or have good or bad
things to say about either?  I'm particularly interested from the
point of view of integrating with C on a PC.

Please mail responses to me; I'll summarise and repost if there's
sufficient interest.

Thanks

PS -- I'll try to acknowledge all replies I receive, but please be
aware that it can sometimes be incredibly difficult to get mail back
across the pond.
--
Robert Dale					| University of Edinburgh
UUCP:	...!uunet!mcvax!ukc!its63b!epistemi!rda	| Centre for Cognitive Science